Sunday 20 December 2015

Calendar Girl

I have finally become "Miss February".  Panic not, no clothes were removed.


On my first day back in Bodrum at the end of November, I was walking with Jake past the Private Hospital, just down the road from our Bodrum house and noticed an advert for a Photography Contest. I think I've previously mentioned that I joined the H3A photograph workshop this year so I decided to look through my "homework" pieces to see if there was a suitable picture to submit.   I found a couple of shots that complied with the "rule of thirds" with which I'd only just become acquainted and after fiddling with their size,  downloaded them onto the competition website. Each time I tried, I got a "jpeg false" reply, so gave up and completely forgot about the whole thing.  So it was a lovely surprise to get a phone call saying I had come third, won 500TL and a mini check-up at the Özel Bodrum Hastanesi.  The prize was presented by the Hospital Director over coffee and cakes last Thursday. So I apologise for a bit of trumpet blowing but I was well chuffed to get into the top three.

Tuncay Özdal (2nd) M Uğur Alpay (1st), BtoB and Op. Dr. Abdullah Servet

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And from the photos you post here, you must have been up against some strong competition. I think your photos are worthy of a whole calendar! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super thing to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. B to B, And chuffed you should be. What a great recognition of something those of us who follow your blog knew already. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, Annie. Well deserved. Now what to do with the windfall?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Annie, what a lovely way to finish the year - love your posts and photographs:) Ozlem x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Annie - and remember to spend the prize money frivolously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. A prize and a lovely photo of you to boot! :)

    ReplyDelete